HOW DO YOU DO THIS????

kimblanchard

Peg,

Unfortunately, there is no book that tells us "there is one right way to grieve." It is different for each and every one of us. However, there are some things that will help you through this process. Seek support, whether it be from a friend, group, or counselor. Talk about your grief to process your feelings. Do things to help you say Good-bye: such a letter writting, make a charitable donation, plant a tree or garden, light a candle of love, make a scrapbook, etc. I know these things are trivial, but they do help. It helps to maintain your regular routine, take care of your self, seeking out spiritual guidance can also help. I am so sorry you are hurting. No one can take that pain away. It is something everyone experiences when they have a loss of someone they love. I hope the suggestions help just a little though.

Much Love,

Cheryl

Hi Peg,

I canø't say I know exactly how you feel but my MOm passed way on March 27th and I still don't know how to do it. somedays I feel like I can't possibly go one with out her. I am lost without her. I feel like nothing I do matters anymore. I will have no one at my wedding, I have no one to see my accomplishmenst and I certainly don't know how to do this. It sucks and I feel for you and really wish none of us ever lost anyone to this evil disease, but I guess we just have to be here for each other and hope we can get through it together.

Hang in there

• 2 weeks later...

This is Memorial Day and I lost my husband (Rob) on September 29, 2003, he was diagnosed in May 2003 and I joined this site in Jun 2003, two weeks before he went into the hospital for surgery, of which he never recovered.

I have stayed away because of the pain I feel when I read of others going through the pain and quandries caused by this disease of lung cancer. I signed on today to just look at his picture on the Wall of Memory and was devastated that it was not there. That caused me more grief, I thought I posted his picture somewhere it would stay until the site went away. He was the only African American posted so it would not be that I could have overlooked the picture. I am so sad it is like someone has "erased" his memory without even bothering to contact me to tell me it would be deleted. I have problems with this every where you go it seems something else has to be done to remove your loved one, bank accounts, car titles, insurance policies, etc. etc. It hurts everytime I have to take his name off something, it feels like society is eliminating him over and over. I know this might seem ridiculous to others but to the person that has lost a spouse I am sure you understand what I mean.

I came to the site on Memorial Day, to visit my husbands picture on the Wall of Memory. I am signing off in tears today because he is not there.

I cannot believe of all places he would be removed!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: