MD Anderson

Hi,

I went to M D Anderson for a second opionion.I took all scans and biopsy reports with me.They looked at everything and agreed with my doctor and didn't see the need for further tests.So I was only there for one night and got no treatments.I was impressed with check-in procedures and hospitality and promptness of services.It may not be the case for everybody but my appointment started on time.No waiting.I was impressed with the place.Praying for us all.TBone

I am being treated at MD Anderson. T-Bone is right, make sure you take all your records with you, CT scans, PET scans, x-rays, pathology.

They have many resources to help you with any questions you may have.

Feel free to PM me if you think of any specific questions that I may be able to help you with.

Good Luck,

TAnn

I went to MD Anderson for a second opinion after my initial diagnoses in 2001. I have been a nurse for over 20 years, and and worked at many hospitals over the years. I was VERY impressed with their efficiency in getting people in and to the right clinics. Local hotels offer shuttle service, but even if you drive the parking is very convenient, which is remarkable considering it is in downtown Houston. The test were done in a timely manner and the results were delevered in a timely manner. I would recommend it to anyone.

MD Anderson knows that ALOT of it's patients come in from out of town. The many volunteers there always ask me, "where are you from?" They are always a little surprised to hear that I'm from Houston! :D

I've seen people from other countries and people from right here in Texas. The hotels in the area cater to the patients and their families and the shuttle services run regularly. They even have a hotel connected to the hospital.

When I have my tests and scans, my bloodwork always comes back to the doctor within about 1 hour and I've had CT scan results the next day.

They are very efficient, considering how many patients that go to MD Anderson. I've been going there for 13 months now, and I'm still overwhelmed at the number of cancer patients. Remember, unlike a regular hospital, everyone there has cancer.

TAnn