feeling dizzy

BJ

Does anyone have dizzy spells? I woke up Saturday morning feeling really dizzy. I thought it may have been caused by the wine I drank the night before, but it continued all day. Sunday morning I woke up and the dizziness was still there but not as bad as the day before. Today I have the dizzy spells off and on but I did come to work. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon. So of course I'm thinking brain tumor. Could this be a symptom of mets to the brain? I will probably have to have the lump found in the breast biopsyed (sp) (my onc will see th films of that today), now I am very nervous about the dizziness.

BJ

I agree with Dean Carl. Dizziness can be caused by many things. My dizziness appeared after my WBR. Not right after but perhaps 3 weeks later. It has since gone away. What a relief. I dont recall any dizziness prior to my brain mets. Good luck & do let us know.

Rachel

BJ

You should let the Dr know about the dizziness, especially if you haven't had a brain MRI. Symptoms of brain mets differ depending on the location of the tumor. I don't mean to alarm you because even stress can cause dizziness, but you should inform them.

keeping you in my thoughts

elaine

I've read that chemo can make you orthostatic, makes your BP drop. Sounds like what David C described. My mom was orthstatic to begin with and the chemo aggrevated the condition a little. Also, don't rule out your inner ear, or what's called your vestibular system. My mom went thru some simple PT excercises because the crystals in her inner ear were out of whack sending false messages of movement to her brain. The therapist put them back in place with a eply manuever, or something like that-no more dizziness. Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy

I was getting dizzy spells quite a bit towards the end of my chemo. Just to be on the safe side they had a brain CT scan done and sent me to an opthamologist. Thankfully everything came back clear. I guess its just a side effect of the chemo for me.

Some of the dizzy spells might have been because of the whole standing up too fast but quite a few of them happened totally out of the blue, even while I was laying down, which counts out the orthostatic bp type spells.

So far I've not had but a couple since ending chemo a couple of weeks ago. *keeping fingers crossed* that they don't come back :D