Just got back

lenr8

the visit wasn't that great. They staged me at 4. I start gemzar/cisplatin and a clinical trial that's a pill. I haven't read all about it yet. They didn't pull the rug completely out from under me yet. They said because of my age etc they will be aggressive. Exactly what you guys have said. this is my chance to start fightng with more help. Like I keep saying I have kids to raise and no time for cancer so guess what has to go! I saw some stuff about lance armstring. Can someone tell me the title of the book so I can buy it. I would l ike to thank everyone for there support already, with you guys I can win

Lance Armstrong's book is "It's Not About The Bike" It is an extremely inspirational and moving book. I think it would be well worth anyone reading and especially someone like you who is looking for hope. Lance will give it to you! Good luck with everything. :wink:

Hey Len,

I am so sorry about the staging. But you have the right attitude. It's not the end of the fight. You CAN, and WILL win this. I'm very interested in what your aggressive treatment is. That was the same thing they told my husband, you two are the same age, and I guess I haven't been feeling they are treating him aggressively.

He just finished his second round of chemo last Friday, and I thought he was going to have the usual one week off, and then start round three. But I just found out that it was his last scheduled treatment. He is getting a Scan done next Friday the 13th (don't even get me started on that one :?:roll: ), and then we meet with the doctor about the scan results on the 19th. That is three whole weeks without even scheduling treatment. I've never heard of anyone stopping after only two cycles of chemo. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

If you'd like a copy of the book, don't buy one. I've got four copies of it that people gave us when Keith was diagnosed. Just e-mail me your address and I will send you one.

Hang in there buddy, I'm praying for you, and thinking about you all the time. You will beat this thing... I can just feel it.

Carleen