basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)-induced vessel formation (p <

0.01) in vivo in Matrigel plug assay. Exposure of HepG2, a human

hepatoma cell line, to IP6 for 8 h, resulted in a dose-dependent

decrease in the mRNA levels of vascular endothelial growth factor

(VEGF), as assessed by RT-PCR. IP6 treatment of HepG2 cells for 24 h

also significantly reduced the VEGF protein levels in conditioned

medium, in a concentration-dependent manner (p = 0.012). Thus, IP6

has an inhibitory effect on induced angiogenesis."

Thanks for posting this. My herbologist has had me on IP-6 + inositol for about 3 years. I'd be curious to hear from others on this site who are taking it as to how much they take daily. I take 4 capsules 2x a day.

In the past, I was taking only 4 capsules in the morning, and in the evening I was taking MGN-3 instead, even though my herbologist told me not to bother with the MGN, that I should take the IP-6 2x day instead. I didn't listen to him cause I heard good things about MGN also, so I figured I'd cover both bases. Now that Lane Labs got the injunction to stop promoting MGN, I switched to the IP6 2x day, like the doctored ordered.

Anybody else taking IP6? I've read about it before and haven't bought any yet.....hard to know what to take exactly--I know I have full pill cases for both morning and night, but I'm getting ready to add a noon time pill case....geez. Whatever keeps you going though, I guess.

Hi everyone

My Dad (Karel) posted some info and a link related to IP6 on the 'New List of Supplements, Complementary, Alternative Meds' thread, and it is also referred to on the 'Selected Vegetables (SV) study' thread posted by my sister (Jana W).

It does look promising!

Karen

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I take it. I just increased my dosage after reading a post by Karel -

http://lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=9590

I now take IP6 and Inositol 800mg and 220 mg, six pills a day. I take Wobenzym N 6 times a day. There's also some good info from Karel on this supplement in the above link.

I also starting take Paw Paw after doing some research. Here's a link. Lecture 7 is the most informative

http://www.pawpaw.tv/Disc_selection_page.asp

Cary, I noticed your dad is on Tetrathiomolybdate. Is this a trial or has it come off trial basis? Thanks.

Cat

I get mine from my herbologist, but I found another company online that sells a different brand of the same thing: www. nutricology.com. There is a websitess that sell the same thing at a discount, but I have it at work. I got it through doing a google search for "IP-6+inositol". If you don't find it, PM me tomorrow and I'll find the site when I get to my office.

Karel,

Ha ha ha - doofy me! I should look at the label. It's 2 pills. Oh no - even more pills to take. :shock:

It's Cell Forte with IP 6 & Inositol.

I get it at www.iherb.com In the US it takes only two days to get your order. The vitamins are offered at discount, no shipping if over $60 and an extra 10% discount on orders over $120.

Cat

I just remembered I found this brand for $28.00 at my local Vitamin Shoppe. They had none in stock, but they ordered me some. I forgot all about that! It was modified citris pectin that I found wholesale online, not IP-6.

My husband also takes Dr. Shamsuddin's, IP-6 & Inositol. Scott takes 2 capsules, 3 x's daily. He also takes a liquid supplemt called "cell food", he puts 8 drops in 6 ounces of water, 3 x's a day. Cell food is distributed by "Lumina Health". Website is www.luminahealth.com

Both items are purchased at a local healt store. And, both are Oncologist approved, as they will not interact with chemo therapy.

Renee

Cat,

My father has been on Tetrathiomolybdate since February 03. I don't think there are any clinical trials currently being conducted, but it has been available "off-label" since basically the first clinical trial data was published. It a pretty simple therapy. I do have the latest research paper that was published, but unfortunately it's in PDF format. If anyone wants the paper though, i will email it as an attachment. I have posted all the older articles on Tetrathiomolybdate so you should be able to do a search for "copper" on this board.

Alisa: I went to nutricology a few days ago, looking for IP-6 and i can't seem to find it on their list of products, do you have a direct link to the IP6 page.

Cary

Cary,

Alisa posted that she recalled she did not get it there. I get it here:

http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/cellforte.html

I would like a copy of that paper if you would be so kind. :)

I noticed that when you click e-mail at bottom of post it doesn't allow for attachments nor does it show the actual e-mail address so cat_odair@earthlink.net

Thanks.

hi everyone,

i don't know if this will be of any help, but here it goes:

my beloved dog passed away right before my mother was diagnosed with cancer, but he lived almost 2 years with extensive liver cancer. i was determined to find any way possible to help him, and we found a really good local vet oncologist who gave him chemo and put him on a plethora of supplements. one of the supplements he took regularly was ip-6. i don't know what studies have been done with humans though. the "funny" thing is that he was on a similar chemo schedule that many of you, and my mother, and my mother are/were on: every three weeks he would receive carbo and then switch to gemzar (continually back and forth). he also took flaxseed oil, milk thistle (which i have found helps liver function, but i don't know how it works with lung cancer), ip-6, beta-glucan and a few other things (i can't remember off the top of my head). he did really, really well with the treatments (he was just a little more tired than usual, but he still ate really well, was entirely loveable and demanded attention, and continued to take walks once in a while). i'm just hoping that whatever positive research or experience there is on animals with these supplements will in turn be proven to help humans.

God bless,

mj

MJ, that was really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I lost a cat to cancer (when it runs in my family, it REALLY runs in my family!). I give the cat I have now pet supplements (OPC for Pets). It seems to really keep him healthy. I take OPC-3 (the human version though). Take care.

Karel,

I believe it's from the Journal of Endocrinology (June 2004). I am not sure if the full version is available on-line. I was actually emailed the "accepted preprint" months ago, then received the published version the same way.

Cary