Daddy Started Iressa - how long before side effects?

sharyn

It was probably about 3 weeks before John started to have the (you call that a rash) rash. It started gradually with bumps in his hair and then increased. Hopefully your dad won't get the side effects from it.

The B-Complex vitamins are really helping John's skin, so you may want to try that with the Iressa.

Rochelle

The improvement in my breathing, reduction in mucous production, and the symptoms from the Crohn's-like disease were noticable within a matter of days. Nice side effect, yeah?

The tummy trouble started within a week, but Imodium kept that under control. The skin rash was within 2 weeks (but I was on 500 mg a day). I am keeping all movable body parts crossed that Iressa works it's magic for your Father.

Sharon,

Earl's rash looked more like alligator skin on his trunk (maybe I should have said elephant skin) than like a rash. Thought it wasn't working because no rash, but onc. said 'Nope, that elephant skin is the Iressa rash'.

Once the big D started, I started Earl on 2 Imodium each morning. Then I gave him 2 more each time he had the big D. The onc. agreed that this was a good approach.

Here's hoping big time this is the magic pill.

Love,

Sharon,

I have been on Iressa for 3 full months now. I only had a small pimple here and there after about 1 month and now after 3 months I have a small rash on my chest. Some places on my skin are dryer than others and I have the big "D" only occassionally. (I should call it the "off and on "D"" :)

Anyway, hoping your dad has minimal side effects and that Iressa does the trick for him.

TAnn