kidney stones??

mandy

One week after my mom's diagnosis on NSCLC, she was hospitalized becuase she was experiencing severe pain in her right lower back and abdomen. They treated her for kidney stones, she is still experiencing some pain a week later. All the tests were inconclusive. I am worried that it could be something else that could effect treatment. The doctors have offered no alternative explanations. Comments anyone? She is supposed to start chemo this week.

Mandy

Mandy,

I know you must be worried sick right now. It's tough having your world rocked like this.

What tests were done? Did they do a CT scan, blood work or x-rays? Why did they think it was kidney stones if the tests were inconclusive? Sounds strange to me. Do you feel comfortable talking to the doctors yourself and asking them to explain it to you?

Let us know what you find out, okay?

Pam

Hi Mandy, I have had so many Kidney Stones that I have lost count...somewhere around 30. The times that I went to the doctor or the hospital, the stone always showed on the X-ray. In addition, if it is causing pain, it is tearing the kidney and blood should be present in the urine, may not be visible to the naked eye, but they should see it during the urinalysis. Let me tell ya...them suckers HURT!!!!!! :lol:

jim

Mandy,

I too have had kidney stones on 2 different occasions, and the pain is horrendous, exactly like labor pain.

I don't understand how it could be inconclusive either, what did they do to treat her? You either have stones or you don't .. you either pass it or they do something to help you pass it..and the pain goes away if the stone(s) are gone. I'm not sure why the mystery on the doctor's part?

Everything may be totally on the up and up but I would definitely push the doctor for answers.

Hi,

Kidney stones are very common, especially on the east coast (hard water) and they hurt like hell. I have had 5 now, and I have never hurt so much in my life. My husband, Craig also has lung cancer, and he uses his experience with a kidney stone to compare pain to . . . so they hurt.

My last one took three weeks to pass through my system. I hope she feels better soon.

Amanda