Mom's Scan Results are in

mittlers

Hello Everyone,

My parents and I visited with Mom's oncologist today for the results of ther scans. The scan showed that she has a 20% increase in the size of the lymph nodes in her mediastinal area and a 40% increase in her liver mets. She completed six rounds of chemo (vp16/carbo) eight weeks ago. He took her right into chemo today for another two rounds. If she does not respond he will them try changing her chemo drug. This is not good news as she was not off the chemo long enough to get any of her strength back. She was in a pretty good mood today despite all this bad news. I am planning a 50th wedding anniversery party for her and Dad in August and she is very excited about that. She wrote out her guest list while she was getting chemo today. I just hope the chemo works so she can feel better for her big day. :D

Thank you for all your support. You guys are great!!

Susan M.

Guest bessb

I am sorry to hear about your mom's results but don't give up, it sounds like she has a great attitude and I think that is half the battle. Have they talked about changing her chemo drugs? I would think that maybe something else would give her better results. Prayers going out to you

Bess B

Guest canuckwebgrrl

Susan,

It sounds like you and your Mom are handling the disappointing news very well. Perhaps her docs could try giving her some of the medications that I've seen discussed on the board that help improve strength and make her feel better. With so many chemo drugs out there, your Mom's new treatment can change her mets from growing to shrinking. :D

Hi Susan,

Sure wish your mom had better news..I think its great your mom wants a party for their 50th..We just celebrated my mom and dads 50th over the weekend..They just wanted it somewhat low key because dads not doing as well as your mom..We still celebrated and they had a good time...Your mom has a positive attitude and thats great..

Thanks for all of your responses. Even though Mom received bad results she is doing better than she ever has right now. :? I plan on keeping the doctor on his toes. No more waiting a week for scan results I told him. He agreed and promises to get them ASAP next time. I reallly like her oncologist but a little bit of me wishes he would of changed her chemo drug instead of trying two more rounds but Mom tolerates this chemo very well. We will continue to pray and hope. I'm leaving Saturday for Florida with my family for a vacation. I will not post for a week. I will have alot of catching up to do when we get back.

God Bless you all.

Susan M.