Riding the waves

shirleyb

When Randy died, I felt like I was in the middle of the ocean without a clue which way to swim to the shore. I was so scared and felt so alone. As time passed, I found others were out there too, feeling very much as I did. The waves of pain and grief and sadness would wash over me and almost drown me at times. This board became my life preserver. It has helped me to become a survivor. You helped me to ride the waves of the ocean. I knew there would be some big ones that would wash over me, but someone was always there to help me back up so I could breath. In the last year, I have caught sight of the shore at times. I feel so close to it and a wave will catch me and take me back out again. I have learned that if I ever want to get to shore, I have to fight. Just as the rest of you are doing, fighting to survive.

In the last few weeks and months, there have been some very dear and wonderful people that have died and left us. The waves have been hugh. The loss of Tbone, David A, the partners of Norme, Joni and Tess, MoSugar, BeckyG, Shelley's parents, and so many others have caused the ocean to surge once again.

I just feel like I need to say thank you to each and everyone of you that post. You help me to see the shore, to feel like I will survive. Someday I will be able to smile without tears when I think of Randy. It has been a long 379 days. My love for him will never die. I miss him still. But I also know he is on the same boat as all the rest are on. Just passing the time until we are able to be together again.

So thank you for riding the waves with me. Thank you for your encouragement, your understanding, your prayers, and your love. You have helped me more than you will ever know.

As Tbone always said, Praying for us all and wishing each of you enough.......

Love,

Shirleyb

So beautifully said, Shirley!! Those waves have really been tossing me about lately and there have been times that the shoreline has been out of sight! There seems to always be a line there that i can catch on to and pull my self in from the raging waters! What on earth would we do if we didn't have each other? Thank God for all of you and the help we have all given to each other!