First Radiation treatment

cappy

I just started my first Rad treatment it was pretty easy, not what I expected at all.

This is my second post as I have been lurking in the background learning all kind of info from all of your messages That has help me a lot and I just want to thank all of you for your positive attitude.

Hello Cappy,

I'm glad your first radiation wasn't too bad. What is a PFT? Is that the breathing test? I'm happy you have a stage 1. At least you caught it early. That is a good sign. My breathing was only 60% and I had surgery. Unfortunately after surgery, I was diagnosed as Stage III. The surgery was rough. Best of luck on your radiation!

Sharon

Cappy,

Starts out pretty easy and about midway through the side effects begin to kick in. They ramp up gradually and get "worst" about the last three treatments and the three weeks after treatment ends. It's nothing you can't handle, drop a line here for suggestions when they start, many, many of us have gone through the microwaving... :roll:

Glad you are able to pull strength from the board,

Becky

Cappy,

First off let me welcome you to our group! I just finished 11 shots of Radiation myself. It was pretty easy until it was over, now I feel pretty lousy, but nothing I can't deal with. I am learning that is the way of cancer treatment. Good luck and I will pray for you to have little to no side effects.

Blessings

Betty

cappy -

Congrats on your first radiation tx and it being so easy. The others are right about the side effects being cumulative. I had 5 weeks of radiation daily and although in the middle it got a little rough it was nothing like I thought it would be, it was much better. So good luck.

Carrie

Cappy,

Mike has gone through a series of 10 radiation treatments on 2 separate occassions. The first time around , he had absolutely no side effects. This last time around, after having had many other treatments of chemo etc, he had burning of the esophagus, stomach upset etc., but the doc gave him meds to help with both . The meds helped and the side effects were short lived. Our best to you.

sue

Dear Cappy,

Let me add my welcome to all the others. I'm glad you posted and glad that radiation started off well. We're in the midst of considering radiation at the moment, so I'll be interested in how you progress! The suggestions of everyone here have been very helpful to us -- and I hope you find them so as well. Since radiation is still an unknown quantity in our case (note the royal WE), I can't give you any advice myself but I certainly send all our best wishes and good vibes for continuing good times with the microwave!

Ellen