More good stuff

daggiesmom

Just have to post the latest -besides being told that there are no mets to the brain, now as of today, everything sounded good to the dr.; i go for a CAT scan in July; i'm not worried; everything seems to be good. oh, this is great!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):) I want everyone here to feel so good. SO HAPPY FOR A CHANGE.

Joanie

Joanie; Great news!! I really helps us all when someone has good news. If I may ask, did your oncologist suggest Cranial Irradiation at all with you? I am also in your similar situation with good scans and have heard different opinions about this therapy. Please let me know what you have heard. Thanks, Kentwisc.

Hi Kentwisc,

I just had a visit yesterday with my doctor. He seems to not be too concerned about doing PCI in my case. I haven't had headaches, am not confused, etc. which are symptoms that might indicate it's needed. My MRI was clean also. So, at least for now, it doesn't appear i will be having it done. I had asked this of another one of our members, hopeful 2 who did have it done, and i went back and checked my posts for her answers. Apparently, the side effects are somewhat tougher than the chest radiation - she mentions bad fatigue, nausea/vomiting, mild confusion, thrush in the mouth. Another member, Jonathan mentions a high LDH level as an indication to undergo pci. If you can, ask Sam on the SCLC forum about this - he's really up on treatments. Keep well, disease free, and happy. I wish you the best, you survivor, you :wink:

Joanie

I had asked my DR about it and his reasoning is if you do it and the ca mets to the brain you are limited as what to do. If it does mets to the brain without having the PCI then you can radiate till your eyes glow I guess. He has gotten me this far with God leading the way. So I will follow him on down the road.