broken up

kimblanchard

Alisa and I have broken up. About as amicably as that can happen, I guess. We are just in very different places with very different desires and needs. So we are still going to be friends and still see each other at church every week, but it looks like the dating relationship is over.

So I am pretty sad tonight. I do think it is the best for each of us. I am sad that we didn't encounter each other in a different place, but we didn't. Thank you all for your support as I started dating again.

Curtis

Curtis,

I am so sorry :( But I am glad you had the experience and got your feet wet. Hopefully in a couple of weeks you can get yourself back on eharmony and find some new women to converse with.

Just FYI--I myself had sucess with the Jewish on line dating website www.jdate.com and I am going to a wedding in Nov for my friend who met her match at www.christiancafe.com

I am a huge fan in the on line dating.

Best of luck Curtis and I look forward to hearing about new dating adventures in the near future. I know how much it hurts right now and how sad you are, but hold Katie close, and know that Becky is looking down at you guiding you to the one who will be the perfect match.

(((((((Curtis))))))) I am sorry about you and Alisa. I know that after losing a spouse, dating again can be difficult. I truly believe that timing is everything. Alisa may have been the right person for you, but the timing wasn't right. This happened to me, and even though this person and I are still friendly, he wouldn't have been right for me on so many levels. Thank goodness for bad timing huh? :wink:

Peace and blessings

Annjael

Maybe it is perspective about how little this pain compares to the pain of six months ago, but I am pretty okay with it. It has been fun having a romantic side again, and I think we will remain relatively good friends. We do go to the same church and she is still Katie's Sunday school teacher. It is impossible to say whether we would have been right for each other at some other time. But I think so. It is the optimistic romantic in me. Just give me a baseline of affection and respect and a willingness to communicate. And then love is just choosing to keep those things more important than the petty and trivial disagreements that populate our days. I have done that before, and I will do it again. And I think those ingredients were present.

So I already feel like this has been a good experience for me. I did learn about me and about how I want to live from the time I spent with Alisa. I think it will make me a little healthier when I meet someone new. So onwards and upwards, I guess. But I think I shall catch my breath for a while.

Curtis

You are right, there was a reason you were there and a reason you aren't there now, all part of the journey I guess. Sometimes from a distance you see the reason for things. The fun you had, you still have. At least everyone was honest and straight up, so you can both move forward in whatever direction without wasting time on bitterness.

Big Hug, Margaret