Saving The Oppossum

Frank Lamb

Late one night a couple is driving down a country highway and run over an oppossum.

Knowing that mother oppossums often carry babies in their pouch, they decide to check out this poor animal. Sure enough there was a baby, so they decide to rescue it.

They take it into the car and continue down the road. The little oppossum is scared and squirming around like crazy so the wife asks her husband what she should do?

He thinks for a minute and says, " Well it's used to being in it's mother's pouch. Maybe if you unbutton your jeans, and put it in "there" it will calm down."

She exclaims, " I'm not going to do that! That thing is smelly and nasty!"

The husband replies," Well, why don't you just hold it's little nose!"

I am almost embarrassed at the amount of time it took me to get that one. It was 20 minutes after I read it the first time, while I was teaching a seminar to executive MBA students, when the aha hit me. So I start laughing in the middle of class and of course there is no way to share this one with prospective students. So I told them a quick Katie story instead.

Usually, I am not quite so dim-witted. But I am tired tonight.

Curtis

Because it took Cutis so long to get it, that brings in a negative point.

A minus one on the Richter scale.

Because he started giggling in class that is another half point deduction.

Becaue he lied about the source of his chucke, that is another half point. It was clever to blame it on Katie, though...good save, Curtis

However, because he laughed out loud, I suppose the boys deserve at least a point for that.

Let's see....Bruce and I cancelled each other out...Teresa still doesn't get it....

Nina could anticipate the joke line....

I can't do the math here...

Cindi o'h O'Houlighan