A beautiful sad day.

Sam'swifeShirley

What a beautiful and sad day this has been for me. Today I joined the Methodist Church that my wife and I have been attending for the last year and a half. We started to go there on the urging my best friend and associate, Dr. Sams. I met the pastor when he came to see me in the hospital when I had lung surgery in November of '01, when we were still trying to figure out what was wrong with me. He is such a wonderful man and greatly loved by the church. Today was his last day with us as he has been called by the church to move to a different church. There were many tears today, including his.

I have felt better today, physically, than in months. I've been working, walking, listening to bluegrass (on spinner internet radio), practicing my banjo. Life looks so good overall.

I am 13 months post diagnosis with LS-SCLC. I think I also have Stage IIIb NSCLC. I need to clarify this with my oncologist. I should qualify for that based on my large cell tumor in the supraclavicular node which I had removed Friday, even though I don't really have a primary NSCLC tumor that we can find. Wednesday, I start carbo/taxotere. I guess I don't have any active tumor at the moment. I don't think I will again. That's my plan.

Life looks pretty good. I just don't know which board to post on now.

P.S. I haven't been posting much lately as I try to sort out my current situation. I've read most of the posts. To all of you with good news, know that I celebrate with you and for those with bad news, know that I feel for you and I pray for us all.

sam

Dear Sam,

Your post moved me so much. You are a fighter, you believe, anyone can see that. Take a deep breath, think about the good in your life, and know that you can do this. one step at a time, one minute at a time. I am praying for you :) I loved your post this morning about how is was a beatiful morning in Georgia - it was Pouring rain here in NY. has been pouring for days - we actually beat the record. but your post made me remeber what SUNSHINE was like. :) You made my day this morning. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. We need people like you to make our days better.

Joanie 8)

Sam,

It was so good to see you post, as we have been following your progress! Sorry to hear about your pastor leaving. I imagine his shoes will be tough to fill. My sister fed me spiritually and has been so very comforting to me since I was diagnosed, but recently left for Colorado. I miss having her here to talk to and lift my spirits. May you continue to grow stronger each and every day! I am sure your patients are thrilled to have you back!!

Cheryland Jack

Guest DaveG

Sam:

Someday you and I are going to meet and I expect there won't be a dry eye. I pray that you will stay at the stage you are at. We don't need anymore restaging.

The roller coaster keeps going doesn't it? One minue we're up and the next we're down. I too, have been trying to sort things out. I have decided to step down as co-director and will be taking another position, which will be important. It will allow me to concentrate on one area, rather then the whole board. Much is happening in the background right as we speak, and when it happens, LCSC will be even better than it is now. I am expecting an announcement within the week. This is going to be exciting stuff.