dreams and other stff

mirrell

i have a dream, and it comes to me in different entities. but in each of the dreams my dad is sick. he is very sick. just like he was. and then he dies. just like he died. i am heartbroken all over again. i cry and i scream in my ddream. and then, by some miracle, at the lasst moment , even after he is deamed dead, he comes back. and i wonder how will i tell all these people that he didn't actually die. and then i wake up. and i have to convince myself it'slf it is a dream, and that he really is dead, because i would like it so much to be other way. sounds silly i think. but these dreams are regular and i think he is reaching oout to me. mirre3ll

I have the same types of dreams. Some I dream he is very sick, he still has the cancer. Just two nights ago I dreamed that he was lying in bed, sick with the cancer, and he couldn't walk any longer, is lower half was paralyzed. Then there are other times, very few, that I dream that he is well again and looked like he did around 10 years ago. I remember one of the first dreams I had of him, he was in his hospital bed, dying, but he was smiling and holding my hand and he said to me that he wants me to go on that he was going to another world. Will we ever live normal lives again? This is getting more difficult as time goes on. I don't want to live the next 40 (god willing) years without my father. He was too young too die.

i've been having very similar dreams. mine are a touch stranger though. my dad has apparently already died, but he's back alive again (although he is still suppose to die at some point in the future). in some of the dreams he's healthy and walking around, and in some he's starting to get sick. the dreams, oddly enough, aren't always tormenting. there's an air of supernaturalism (if that's a word) to them. i've rarely awakened and felt very sad (though that has happened on a few occasions). it usually feels though like i'm experiencing an opportunity to visit with my father's soul. so hard to explain!! :roll:

kitty

Kitty,

I to have had a similar dream. I think it is our loved ones way of saying, hey, I'm still here, just not HERE. do ya know what I mean? My mom just passed about a month ago and two weeks after she passed I had a dream where the whole family was sitting at the dining room table just talking, even my mom. She wasn't sick, she was very happy and healthy. We were talking and all of a sudden I looked at her and told her she wasn't real, that she had died. She smiled and laughed and said ,"Oh, I'm real alright!" I said, No, you're gone, you died, she looked me in the eye, I saw her so clearly, the joy and happiness on her face was undescribable, she said," Oh baby, I'm real, I'll ALWAYS BE REAL!" And she had this huge glowing smile on her face. She always called me baby(even though I'm 33 yrs. old). I woke up crying from joy and sadness saying I was sorry I didn't believe her, but I do now. I think she was telling me she will always be with me. I've had similar dreams of my beloved grandparents too.