DEEP THOUGHTS

Frank Lamb

1.Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dogs face he gets mad.But when you take him in a car he puts his head out the window :?:

2.Every time Connie & I go shopping & she's driving when she parks the car she keeps pulling up slowly until the underneath of the car scrapes on the curb. :roll:

3.Ever notice that 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions :shock:

I think #3 is the best way to tell math people from non math people. If you think of percentages and decimals as fractions, and can use fractions well, then you are a math person. If you use decimals, then you are not a math person. I have found this over and over.

I don't know if there is anything pedagogically profound there - if we tie kids arms to desks and force them to think in terms of fractions, will they have better mathematical reasoning skills? Probably not. But my brother, who is as intelligent as me by any measure you wanted to use, is not a math person. And he thinks of the world in decimals. Poor guy.

Back to my finals now ...

Curtis

Hmmmm I HATED geometry! Aced algebra, trigonometry AND calculus... I'd never be a Vulcan, logic escapes me! LOL

...and Curtis, your theory doesn't cover the redneck boys at the bar with longnecks rating women, "Earl, I'd give that thar filly uh eight and uh half..."