Jump to content

Not the results we wanted


kimblanchard

Recommended Posts

Well, after dad's pet came back positive they went ahead and did a bronchoscopy and unfortunately they couldn't get to the spot. His onc. feels that it is most likely a recurrence even though they can't prove it and they want to stop the clinical trial of the taxotere and cisplatin and start six weeks of carbo/taxol with radiation. He had radiation with the laryngeal cancer and it seems to have been effective so maybe that is the route to go. We asked about going for an endoscopic ultrasound to know for sure but his docs feel that they would rather go for treatment now since it is early and they are hoping it will work. My dad even asked about taking the whole lung but right now they feel that that is too radical and they can still get it this way. Any thoughts? I guess its better to treat than sit and wait to see if it grows..............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Tammy,

Just re-read your post.

All I can say is that I had those drugs and radiation and I am still kicking.. so...

Best wishes to your dad and baby's grandpa for an "easy" time with the treatment that y'all decide on.

Keep us updated. Sounds like you are pleased with JH, as far as his bronch and all went. Is this where his oncology is too?

Maybe the experts will have some advice?

Thanks,

Cindi o'h

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.