Not the results we wanted

kimblanchard

Well, after dad's pet came back positive they went ahead and did a bronchoscopy and unfortunately they couldn't get to the spot. His onc. feels that it is most likely a recurrence even though they can't prove it and they want to stop the clinical trial of the taxotere and cisplatin and start six weeks of carbo/taxol with radiation. He had radiation with the laryngeal cancer and it seems to have been effective so maybe that is the route to go. We asked about going for an endoscopic ultrasound to know for sure but his docs feel that they would rather go for treatment now since it is early and they are hoping it will work. My dad even asked about taking the whole lung but right now they feel that that is too radical and they can still get it this way. Any thoughts? I guess its better to treat than sit and wait to see if it grows..............

Hi Tammy,

Just re-read your post.

All I can say is that I had those drugs and radiation and I am still kicking.. so...

Best wishes to your dad and baby's grandpa for an "easy" time with the treatment that y'all decide on.

Keep us updated. Sounds like you are pleased with JH, as far as his bronch and all went. Is this where his oncology is too?

Maybe the experts will have some advice?

Thanks,

Cindi o'h