I love the Muppets

kimblanchard

Katie is not a big fan, alas, but I twisted her arm and forced her to watch the Muppet Movie with me last night. She wanted to watch Snow White, which is so dull I simply cannot stomach it, and so I told her she could watch Snow White out in the Florida room, where there is no vent and the cat door lets in a draft. So it is chilly out there. Or she could snuggle up in a blanket and watch the Muppets with me. Yes, it is fighting dirty, but she is old enough to embrace the comic mastery that is Jim Henson.

The Rainbow Connection is one of my favorite songs of all time. Katie thought it was funny that a frog played the banjo, but the lyrics are the best. Here is my favorite verse:

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered

When wished on the morning star?

Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,

And look what it's done so far.

What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing

And what do we think we might see?

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,

The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

And the bit by Rowlf and Kermit after Miss Piggy is sownapped by Doc Hopper about how miserable and wonderful girls are is just awesome, too.

Rowlf: Stay away from women. That's my motto.

Kermit: But I can't.

Rowlf: Neither can I. That's my trouble...

Amen, brother. And the best lyric to the song they sing is this one by Rowlf:

Ah, but what could be better than a saucy Irish setter

When puppy love comes on strong?

Or a collie that's classy, a laddie needs a lassie,

A lover and wife gives you a new leash on life.

I spent today getting the tree all decorated, the stockings hung, and the presents wrapped. It looks very festive now. I am emotionally exhausted from it, many of our ornaments are handmade by Becky or me. As is the tree skirt, and so many of the decorations. But it looks good, and it feels like a Christmas with her now, rather than without her. But I am tired. I have a couple more presents to wrap, and then I am going to nap until it is time to pick her up.

Oh, and I went to Katie's school for a Christmas party with Santa. I will change my avatar for a while to show them together, if it is small enough. I had so much fun there, but then I cried most of the way home. But it did inspire me to get the rest of the decorating done, so I guess that is good. I need to get started on my schoolwork for the holidays, but that can wait for another day.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Curtis

Long Live the Muppets!