I'm still around

Amy P

I have been reading almost every day but haven't had much time to post. This is the time of the year that my husband has more free time so we have been spending some MUCH needed time together and enjoying time with the girls.

Mom is faring pretty good - she had a stomach CT last week that we are awaiting the results of. She has always had tummy issues and the Iressa hasn't helped that so her doc wanted to make sure there wasn't anything abnormal and I am fairly confident that there isn't but keeping my fingers crossed none the less. I still have not told her about the Iressa issue not really sure that I want to but she has always depended on me to be straight forward so I will probably tell her so she isn't blind sided when we see the oncologist next week.

I think of you all so often and keep you in my thoughts and prayers - please know that even if I don't post, I having been cheering with you and have shed a few tears at the news lately.

Here is to a fabulous 2005!

Much Love to you all!!!!!!

Amy

Hi Amy,

I've missed your posts, and I'm glad to see you back. I think you can present the Iressa issue to your mom in a very positive way. Since my husband, too, is a responder, my husband's oncologist does not want him to change. Like I said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's working for him, so far, so unless or until it stops working, we're sticking with it. I love that stuff!

I just ordered a refill yesterday, and since it's a new year and we have to start over with out out-of-pocket payments, it's going to take a big chunk out of our checkbook - the pharmacist warned me. I told him, that's ok, it's keeping him alive, so it's worth it!

Welcome back, and I will pray that your mom's ct scan results will be great!

Love,

Peggy

Hi Amy....

Glad you're still around after eating all that peanut brittle! :wink: And...it's important that you've been spending more time with the family....so don't worry about not posting. I'll hope for good news for your mom....and an answer to her tummy issues that is easy to resolve.

I'm sorta lurking more myself...in part cuz the holidays takes up time in other ways. But wishing you a wonderful and healthy 2005....and may all your peanut brittle melt in your mouth, not on the pan! :D

Hi Amy!

So glad to hear your spending some much needed time with your hubby and the girls. Life goes by so fast, we need to stop and enjoy it every now and again! :wink:

Glad to hear mom is still doing well. At least if they do take her off the Iressa, they have something else to give her, Thank GOD! So, that's good!

You check back with us now and then, and please know your not forgotten my dear. We all have busy little lives now and then, and we don't always have enough time in a day, some days! :roll: You take care Sweetie and check back when you hear on mom's report.

Love & Hugs,

Connie