Six Months....

babesdaughter

I can't believe it's been six months since my Mom died. In some ways it seems like forever and in other ways, like it was just yesterday.

I finished a grief recovery program last week and what an incredible help that was....found out that a lot of my grief was not really about my Mom, but other losses in my life.

I still miss her terribly and have really overwhelming moments of sadness.....thinking about what 'could' have been is the hardest...the things we will miss sharing with her.

I lurk more here than post these days, but my heart goes out to anyone dealing with LC either personally or as a loved one.....

I too can relate, it was two months ago today that I lost my Daddy.... in some ways it seems like yesterday, in others I feel like I haven't talked to him in years.... very strange. I am trying to talk my mom into going into a grief counseling group, but she insists she is okay (she is not), but I can't force her.... very frustrating.....

I too can relate, it was two months ago today that I lost my Daddy.... in some ways it seems like yesterday, in others I feel like I haven't talked to him in years.... very strange. I am trying to talk my mom into going into a grief counseling group, but she insists she is okay (she is not), but I can't force her.... very frustrating.....

Sharon....the grief group that I went to was incredible. They followed the book "The Grief Recovery Handbook"....maybe you could read the book and at least help your Mom with some of the principles....until she's ready. It made a big difference in the way I feel.

Good luck!

Paige