Head in the Sand

Andrea B.

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while. I have felt like denial is serving me well lately. I feel like I want to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is okay. We have gotten good news lately, but can't help but feeling like I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Normally, I am pretty positive and strong...but don't feel like that lately.

I am very thankful for the good news we have received...the cancer in my mom's lymph nodes has continued to shrink. The cancer in her lung is contained in a "cavity"...the doctor says the cavity itself has not shrunk since the last CT scan, but he said it doesn't mean the cancer itself isn't shrinking. Has anyone heard of this? He said it is good news, because it hasn't grown and there is no cancer present elsewhere, yeah!!!!! She has developed a cough, but her doctor said this could also be from fluid building up in the cavity where the cancer had been present.

Also, my dad's CT scan from the liver cancer came back clean. There is no additional cancer present (after the surgery) and it appears the blood supply has been completely cut off to the original tumor.

Overall, the news is terrific. I think I am emotionally tired from the roller coaster ride I call cancer and from the waiting on test results.

I keep everyone in my prayers. I wish I had a magical pill to wipe away everyone's suffering. You are all such wonderful people.

Andrea,

With this good news take a much needed break and do something FUN!

Dr. Wayne Dyer is one of my favorite authors. One of the quotes he uses is "What You Think About Expands" Think about positive thoughts. I know this is normally the way you are so you will do good to have some positive activities to get you going.

God Bless, Shelly

Andrea,

Being positive and strong all the time is pretty impossible...I think everyone "loses" it occasionally and has to "regroup". It sounds like everything is pretty good right now for you and yours..the perfect time for you to take a break from being positive and strong! Maybe you can take a few days for "you" time and like suggested above, do something nice for yourself...you certainly deserve it!

Debi

I feel the same way.

we got good news yesturday (finially) but now after a few hours you start to think. OK when is it gonna get bad again. is the cancer gonna come back? what else could go wrong???

but I keep in mind

"we attract that which we fear" so if we dont fear anything, it wont get here right??