Finished 2nd Gamma Knife..

MelanieLR

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you all know, I made it through the Gamma Knife - it was changed to Thursday rather than Tuesday because of a scheduling problem on their end. I was at the Hospital for a grueling 9 hours & thought I'd never get home. Things went smoothly, or as smoothly as these things ever go I guess.

I'm now hitting the Frankenstein head syndrom. Bolt holes, swolen forehead & eyes swolen nearly shut (lovely shiners too). A little bit of a pressure headache but not too bad. Now comes the really fun part - hurry up & wait. We naturally won't get any info as far as the success of the procedure till the 3 month scans. That part makes me a little nutts but what else can you do but wait?

All things considered, I feel pretty darned good & just wanted to thank you all for your prayers & well wishes. Unfortunately tomorrow I have to go to a funeral. A dear friend just passed from a massive & totally unexpected stroke. I guess I should consider myself lucky - huh? I'm sure going to look a sight at that funeral though.

Take care & again, thanks,

Melanie

Hope your side effects quickly subside. Your attitude is really impressive -- very few of us would be able to say that we felt "pretty darn good" -- I moan about a little headache. Sorry about your friend's death; hope that the funeral isn't too difficult for you.

Waiting, waiting, waiting -- it's just part of the deal, I guess. Here's to good news in three months!

Ellen

Melanie,

So glad your gamma knife went well. Ouch, sounds like the after effects are pretty yucky! Get plenty of rest and I just know your scans are going to come back with an "empty head"! Thanks for keeping us posted. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Take Care,

TAnn

Melanie,

I'm glad you have that behind you now. I remember how "grueling" that day is. We were there 12 1/2 hours, and it was a very long day.

I'm surprised to hear that you're swollen etc. My husband had treatment to 6 mets, and he really had nothing like that at all. Have you reported that to your doctor?

On top of everything you are going through, I am sorry about the loss of your friend.

You take care and keep us updated.

Love,

Peggy