QUILTS

sara k

Hello everyone,

Some of you know who I am. My name is Sara and my husband has nsclc IIIb. He is 35, I am 32 and we have two young children. I have decided that if he doesn't get through this that I am going to make quilts out of his cloths. One each for our kids and one for me. So, I thought that this is something I would really like to do for others. So, if there is anyone out there interested in this please email me. You can send me the cloths and I will take care of the rest. I love quilts, and I love to sew.

saramaryk@yahoo.com It just seems comforting to me to have a quilt made of my husbands favorite cloths. Even for a grandchild or whatever. I am really interested in doing this, so if this sounds appealing for anyone who has lost someone please get in touch with me.

Sara, that is such a wonderful idea. I have no need for your kind offer right now, but if I ever should, I'll let you know. It would be a nice thing to do for my two daughters, but all my clothes are so worn out, I think it would be a quilt that would not last too long. Thanks, and I hope you never need to put your plan into action. Take care,

David P.

Dear Sara,

Oh Sweetie you have really tugged at my heart strings! I have to share with you that I also wanted to make a quilt of my son's clothing after he passed away. Sorry to say, it didn't happen, (long story). I LOVE your idea, but I too hope you will NOT have to make that quilt for years to come.

I will share with you another idea if you would like to hear it?! I know of a quilt that has been made in memory of children that have been lost to death, and this quilt has the pictures/birthdates, and death dates and state lived in, of the children that have passed away. The pictures were transferred onto material and then the boards of the pictures are in colorful material about an inch or so around the pictures. Then it has been all put together to make a very memorial quilt. It's is beautiful.

I know of this quilt, because my son is on this quilt. If you would be interested in maybe doing something like this in the future, maybe we could talk about it or get other members idea's and maybe a few others that would be willing to sew the patches together to make ONE VERY LARGE QUILT in Memory of those that lost there battle to Lung Cancer.

This quilt could be shared at Lung Cancer Events going on throughout the world. (Talk about a BIG DREAMER)!!! Well, just an idea I had and thought I would share it with you and the members.

How are things going with you, Eddie and the kids? How is the baby doing after her surgery???? How is Ed doing? Did he complete his treatments? We think of you always, and miss you at group. Hope all is going well!!!!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,