Hi this is my first post here. I have been just reading everyones stories and I wish the best for everyone. My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 8/02 stage IIIb and shown to be inoperable. When I heard the news from his biopsy I just bawled there in front of the doctor and thought my world had came to an end. I am supposed to get married in June but my dad had just had another test done and found something on his 8th vertebrae. My dad had told me if it was found to be cancer that he would have 6 - 8 months to live. I cant imagine him not being there to walk me down the aisle. Is there really any hope for inoperable cancer? And is these clincal trials hopeful? God Bless you all!

ChristyMike,

We have only been a been members for 2 months but I can assure you that you have come to the right place. Like yourself, our family has been stricken with this disease and I can only say that there are survivors here of all stages. Know that there are caring understanding and loving folks who are here at your disposal for just about anything concerning lung cancer... from Drs. to Plumbers, from all walks of life. Sorry you have to be here but we are here when you need us.

Only God decides!

Jack and Cheryl

Christy,

Like Cheryl and Jack, I have only been here for a couple of months and am fairly new myself. Two things that I do know from reading different stories is that this disease has to be fought hard and sometimes the doctors are incorrect with their predictions.

My advice to you would be to keep pushing your dad's doctors, keep asking questions both of them and here on the boards and just be supportive of your dad! I wish you the best of luck!

Debi

46 years old

nsclc- stage 1a

surgery June 16, 2003-upper and mid lobe removed

Christy, keep the faith. My wife was diagnosed in October of last year, and she prognosis was 9 months. She is Stage IV NSCLC, with 5 bone mets throughout her body. Well, it is 9 months and she is still going strong. She is finished chemo and radiation and is now on a maintenance program to keep the cancer at bay. Blessings. Don