need to ask for your prayers and update

lilyjohn

Those of you who have read my post in the grieving forum know that I have been very busy and don't often have time to come here anymore. I feel very badly that I don't have the time to offer the supportive words that are needed by so many and to welcome the newcomers. Truth is I just don't have time. I try to come everyday or so and check for any news but there are just so many new people that I get lost trying to read the posts.

I am working 6 to 8 hours a day and in addition because of where I live I spend at least 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours driving every day. Today is the first Sunday I have had the whole day off in a month. I have had one Saturday off but spent it working catching up my house and my yard. Needless to say by the time I walk my dog and grab a bite to eat at night I am too tired to do much of anything else. I think of all of you all of the time. You are all always in my prayers even if I can't take the time to tell you so. Rick I was very relieved that by the time I read about your scare it was over and you knew that your problem was not as serious as you first feared.

I am still very anxious to learn about the other people on the board who have been here long enough for me to have gotten to know them. So again I ask if there is any news on Dean, Elaine, Carleen and Kieth and so many others please someone let me know. I also think about Norme often and Shirley and Dolly and many others. My mind is just so full of names but at the moment I can't recall them all.

I feel bad asking for prayers when I have not been here as often as I would like to be but so many people I love are in medical crisis now that I need to ask for them. This has really been a tough week.

I had posted a while back that the doctors thought Johnny's only remaining sister had pancreatic cancer. Last Tuesday she had surgery and the good news is that instead of cancer she had an abcess on her intestine. That is the good news now the bad news just seems to over shadow the good. She has a spot on her lung they want to biopsy as soon as they can build her up a little. It is small so hopefully if it is cancer she will be operable.

Her's and Johnny's sister in law who is my oldest friend had a masive heart attack Thursday morning. She is on life support. They suspect that she has a blockage somewhere and an infection because she is filling up with fluid. Exploritory surgery is out because of the heart attack right now. Her brother is married to Johnny's sister Irene. In the past year and a half he has had heart by pass surgery twice. Needless to say he was under a terrible strain worrying about Irene. When he learned about his sister's heart attack he had to be rushed to the hospital and was not doing well. Now they are all three very ill and in 3 seperate hospitals. This family has been through so much! I jus don't know why things keep going on like this. They need all of the prayers they can get. I have seen so often how much the prayers from all of you have helped so I ask you to remember these people and this family in your prayers.

I guess I need to add 2 more to this list. I have a neighbor man who is 92. Friday morning he drove himself to the hospital at 2am. He has a bowel obstruction. Our pastor's wife who is a 4 year stage 4 Uteran cancer survivor with NED has had serious blood clot problems with thickening of the blood suspected of being from the radiation destroying some of her viens. Now she has what they are saying is Diverticulitus. She is not doing well at all. Of coarse tho no one mentions it the big "C" word is on all of our minds.

I hate to bring such bad news here. I know there is always more than enough here already but everyone here has become my other family so I ask you to pray for these people and I know that you will. Bless all of you and please let me know how everyone is doing. I just don't have the time to read all of the posts to search for news.

Love Lillian

Hi Lily,

You do not have to apologize for not posting often enough. You do what you can.

You have so much going on in your life right now, and it is important to take care of yourself also.

Prayers being sent to you and all your love ones who are going through hard times.

Be good to yourself,

Maryanne