1st day for radiation

Jan went today for her first day of radiation on her left lung, actually today was to set up the markings and she does not start actual radiation until next Tuesday. What was said to her today is my reason for posting tonight as it still has me as elated as I was earlier today when she first told me. Her regular radiologist was not in, but she was seen by his partner who was a woman in her 50's and a radiologist for many years. She first saw Jan in the examination room and answered her questions and then told her that she was going to have a look at her scans for her self and she would see her on her next visit. Jan has all her scans and x-rays from the very beginning to the last set just taken just a few weeks ago with the radiologist. The woman radiologist came back in the examination room with startled look after being out for a few minutes examining Jan's pictures. She asked her did she know how remarkable her current scans were...had her onc explained this to her. Jan grinned and said that he kept using the word "amazing", but that he is always "up" and kind of took it with a grain of salt. She shook her head and said that "this goes well past amazing", and that she had seen it all over the years, but had never seen scans showing such a fantastic response to the chemo. She said she kept wondering if she had the right set of scans or not! This really lifted our spirits and we continue to thank everybody for their prayers as it looks as if they are being answered for now. Take care all and we will be in touch!

Guest Jonathan

Great news!!! ask about twice daily radiation, as i have heard that it is better than once daily in preventing recurrence of SCLC....Either way, she is going spectacular!!!

Jonathan