Tammy Faye Messner (Baker)

Andrea B.

I recently read this in a magazine...thought I would pass it along, because Tammy Faye's show, on battling lung cancer, starts on the 25th.

--------------------------------------------

Tammy Faye Messner (Baker), 63, tells People Magazine that the lung cancer she's battled has returned. The star is scheduled to undergo chemotherapy August 1 to treat an inoperable tumor in her lung. About a month ago, Messner completed 14 radiation treatments for cancer, which is part of a new documentary, Tammy Faye: Death Defying, due July 25 on WE. Messner says she's using humor to cope. "During radiation, I did not lose my hair, but I lost my eyelashes. Which is the funniest thing in the world to me, because it's my trademark."

I had earlier wrote a question about Tammy Baker messner's 3rd occurrance of lung Cancer in her Lung as reported by CNN and reader's responded that it was actually Colon Cancer that had Met's to Lung so thought i'd pass on in case you did not notice my question....

I do not think it was ever clear whether her lung was a mets from the colon she had 8 years ago, or a new primary. She is claling it lung cancer. I saw her on Insider the other n ight, she is not Stage IV with a tumor on her spine

It's so odd how there is such question as to what type of cancer she has -- but, in any event, I thought I would throw my two cents in.

This morning's Philadelphia Inquirer reported the following:

Messner, 63, was diagnosed with colon cancer a decade ago. Last year, she announced the disease had spread to her lungs, but after a period of remission, it has reappeared.

Sounds to me like it is colon cancer that spread to the lungs.

Hey Hebbie, I'm with you, I heard a few times that she had colon cancer that had spread the lung. And I have learned that you can't trust what the News reports either. They just report what is written in front of them. So, who knows what she has! I'm sorry she is dealing with this crud again, no matter where it came from.

Hey HEBBIE GIRL, it's good to see you again, where have you been hiding?

Hey Connie,

I've been around, just switched into "lurker mode" for a while.

I've taken the summer off from work and am enjoying the time w/ my son. I've also started planning the 2nd NJ lung cancer walk for November, so things are getting pretty hectic!

But you know I can't stay away -- I love you guys! :wink: