You got the power! (and I'd like to borrow a little!)

Leslie221

Thanks, everyone! I'm feeling less anxious (I think - depends on when you ask me! :wink: )

You know, I think the darn thing is that, because I've done so well from the start of treatment, I keep thinking, "Can this really be happening? I mean, could it be that I will actually CONTINUE to do well? Surely, sooner or later the doctor's going to say the cancer's progressing and my easy time of it is over."

Arrgggggghhhh! :? Why do I do this to myself? I mean, with the new treatments my BAC is responsive to maybe I WILL be kept stable for a long, long time! I guess that's why I want to hear actual improvement. I DID hear that last month - but it was such a slight improvement. (See? I'm doing it again! :( )

I guess it IS the pre-test, pre-scan jitters. I don't normally feel this way. Thank goodness I always get the results the same day. I have no actual reason to believe things won't be stable again, or better.

Thanks. I needed the support AND the reminders that stable is a very good thing and that I wouldn't have had such an easy time last week hiking and rock climbing at 6000 ft. above sea level on a warm day if I were taking a turn for the worse. ( ..and I really DID do that - wooohooo! :) )

Deep breath...exhaaaale! Better now.

Leslie

Leslie.

In response/comment to your last post...

Thanks. You make me feel better about myself and how I continue to feel on occasion about my own reactions. I am not alone. I think that our thoughts go funny right along with those crazy cells. We are strong kids but doubt ourselves intermittently along the way. Gets us humble, doesn't it?

Thanks again. You are a good one.

love,

Cindi o'h