Prayer for Healing

francesbean

I just wanted to share this--

Heavenly Father, I adore You and praise You as my God and Creator. I thank you for the innumerable blessings, both spiritual and temporal, that You have given to me during my lifetime. Now I turn to You again for still another favor, for to whom else can I go? You alone are God, the Giver of all good gifts. I beg You to please grant me, Your unworthy servant, a complete and total healing - a healing of my spirit and soul; of my mind, heart, and will; of my emotions, memory and imagination; of my nerves, bones and body - my entire being from the tip of my head to the soles of my feet. I desire this so that I can truly be in life what You want me to be and to do in life what You want me to do. But I need my health, strength, and energy in order to more perfectly fulfill the duties of the state to which You have called me from all eternity.

I ask for this healing in the name of Your Son Jesus. He has earned an infinite amount of healing graces and powers by His terrible passion and death on the cross. "Upon Him was the chastisement that makes us whole. By His wounds we were healed." (Is. 53:5) May Your Son, the Divine Physician, apply these healing powers Himself.

Thank You for answering this prayer in this very moment in which I ask, for I truly believe Your Son's words: "Ask and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you." (Lk. 11:9) Of course, I know that while Your answer is: "Yes, I will do it" I may have to wait for this healing to be completed. So I place myself confidently in Your hands, knowing that You are deriving much good from this illness. I only ask that my healing will bring You much honor and glory, that it will sanctify myself and others, and that it will serve to build up faith and hope in all Your people. Amen.

I'll say this prayer for everyone on the boards.

Also, this nice quote I picked up from somewhere: "Pray without ceasing, and eventually you will feel that your life will imitate the things which you pray for with all your heart." I believe it!