All of our Texas friends?

lilyjohn

I talked to my daughter a short time ago. They had lost their power for about an hour earlier but for now it is back on. They are getting some pretty rough weather there. They are far enough away not to get the main part of the storm but they are on the bad side. They had tornado warnings several times today. If you see the weather channel you will see where Houma is.

She did tell me that all of the areas of lowere Lafourch Parish and Terrebonne Parish are under water now. Those places didn't get too much flooding from Katrina but they were on the left side and the wind was blowing the water out. From what I am seeing now it looks like Lake Charles will get the brunt of this thing. Thank God it is not as strong as it was yesterday.

I just hope that the people in Houston don't do like they did in Louisiana and say that they left for nothing and decide to stay next time. That is one of the reasons so many failed to leave South East Louisiana for Katrina.

My heart breaks for those dear people on that bus. Why does it seem that the worst always happens to the most vulnerable? One thing these storms have done is make people aware of how vulnerable sick and old people are. That is a good thing but my God what a way to get us to this point. I will continue to pray for everyone who is affected by this monster storm.

I swear that by the end of this huricane season my hair will be snow white just worrying about my family. Then of coarse the price of gas is really getting bad for me. I work more to try to get ahead then the gas goes up again and takes the extra that I earn. I guess tho I can't complain, especially when I see so many people who would be willing to pay anything if they could only get some gas.

Don and Lucie don't let your guard down. This thing is far from finished. Lillian