Its a start...i think

christymike

I just wanted to be able to post something because it is actually a great improvement since my dads chemo.. even though we might be battling it more advanced here shortly.. but thats neither here or there. Anyways my dad was on oxygen since the radiation had scarred his lung But as of lately my dad has been going with out!! He tries to go as long as he can without it sometimes up to 3 hours!! He still uses it at night though which is good it would scare me greatly if he didnt. But this is a start heh? And to mention the doctors had told him that he would probably need it forever.. ha i love when people beat the odds. God Bless you all.. in my prayers everynight

Hey Christy;

So happy your dad's showing improvement, :) , used to hate the ox. myself and it was certainly a victory when I could go without it. May he continue to improve. He will be in my prayers.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Thanx Don.. in all this thats been going on I forgot to mention that my dad has made it a year since dx. Happy anny DAD.. =) Theres more positive huh. You guys are great! My dad was advised to not stay off the oxygen for as long as he has and needs to progress off it more slowly but he still can have time off of it just not as much at 3 hours at a time but we will get there soon im sure. Bless you all