Having a Hard time

flwrjunke

Hi All,

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I find that I’m having a hard time coping. What was once taken for granted, no longer is. I will be cooking tomorrow, taking over for Mom. It will be exactly like Mom did for every year of my life. I keep thinking if I could have just 1 more Thanksgiving with her, 1 more anything, life might seem normal or ok.

I keep thinking about how she believed that she would live on though my sister and me. My Mom and I were so much alike. Our outlook on life, our passion for gardening, golfing, reading and of course, family. The list just goes on and on. I will always strive to live my life in a way that would make her proud.

It has also appeared to me that my morning drive into work is one of the hardest times of the day for me. I see the mountains that Mom loved so much and it reminds me of her. Heck, everything reminds me of her. As I drive in, all of these memories come flooding into my head and it makes me miss her so much. As I drive, trying not to cry I have found myself thinking of this message board. Knowing that I can come here has really helped me get through the days and for that I am truly grateful.

So thank you, and wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Patty

Oh Patty...I know how hard this time of year is for you. You know, I too used to think of just one more...everything. Then, I started listening to the song 'One More Day" and finally realized that if I had one more day, I'd still want another. We never have all the time we would like to have with our loved ones. Obviously, your mother was very proud of you and your sister, as she wanted to live on through your lives! You know, that will happen. You'll find yourself doing more and more things like your mom would have done. She will live on forever in your heart. After losing my mom, I remember that once I realized she would forever live in my heart and be a part of me, things became easier for me. I'm sending hugs your way and saying prayers that you can find peace while continuing your moms traditions.

Patty,

I STILL have Thanksgiving memories of my own dear Mother. Wish I had written down some of her recipes for that special day. I try to make them up... just doesn't work :( !. Now those memories are warm and comforting ones. Wishing you as good a day as can be and better ones to come.

(((Patty))),

Kasey

Oh Patty you are definitely not alone. This is my first Thanksgiving without my mom also.

You know your mom will be watching over you. I believe departed souls come around on special accasions, especially when there is family there.

I am so sorry you are feeling so blue. But as can see you are not alone.

Maryanne

Patty my heart goes out to you. It is hard to go one without your mother. Mothers shape so much of our lives and our thoughts. Just know that your mom is never far away. She is so much a part of you that she lives on through you and still somewhere where she is not sick anymore. Like Ann said that song "just one more day" really says it all. A million years would never be enough with the ones we love. We would still ache for them and want one more day especially this time of year.

Have a good Thanksgiving and know in your heart how proud your mom is of you. Lillian

Hi Patty,

I know how you feel...I would like to jump right to January if I could. Everything I see reminds me of my Mom and I constantly want to bring her a little something like I always did before or call to tell her sonmething. I am having dinner at my house tomorrow for just us..immediate family. Its not the same but I think she would want us to do it and I like to think our Moms will be there with us watching and helping us get through.

Know you are not alone in how you feel and check back in on Friday...one day at a time...Janet