Talc Pleurodesis

luluc

Luluc, my dad had this procedure just about a month ago. It seems to have been successful. His breathing had improved after the procedure, but not as much as we would have liked. Than his doctors saw that he was anemic (which also will make breathing very difficult, as there are not enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to the lungs and heart) and since he was put on Iron pills his breathing has improved even more. I know that there is a chance that the fluid could come back, but so far, so good. I hope this was of some help to you. Take care, and keep us posted. Deb

Hi I have had the prodedure done last july after they drained the lung. For awhile it seemed to work but now I have fluid builup that is a problem. I was told it was supposed to seal the lung so fluid does not build up but it has not worked for me. I am on my second round of chemo in hopes it will help with the fluid - the pet scan also showed two small lesions on the liver ---to small to be biopsied- will have scan in about four weeks for that. i have developed extensive edema from the knees down to the toes have had so for the last three months docs can;t seem to agree on the cause i have heard from cellilitis to lypmh enlargement in abdomen to i don;t know- I have a apt with a heart specilist next week for evaluation of this problem just know it is so painful. well thanks for listening. Carlton