Getting to know you February 12

lilyjohn

I love to wear red. I have a bright red scarf and matching mittens. Very cheerful on a cold grey day!

I gave my hubs bright red silk boxer shorts. To my knowledge he has never worn them. THey are just too daring for him but he likes to tell people he has them just fore a laugh.

No I am not a red wearer. But I had this awesome red dressy dress I wore at my nieces wedding. Eveyone called me Lady in Red.. and when that song was played and I was dancing with Joel, everyone formed a circle around us. I was so embarrased but it was a nice gesture one I will never forget.

Maryanne :wink:

I used to buy only the basic colors blues, black, brown, tans and greys. Once in a while I would by a blouse with a little color but mostly I would avoid them. One day I was shopping for some fabric to make a pants suit. My youngest son was with me. He was about 9 at the time. The red caught my eye but I passed it up. He kept after me to buy the red so I did. I wore that suit until it started looking ragged then never bought any more red until about 7 years ago.

One day Johnny and I were going somewhere and I put on black slacks and a bright red shirt. He loved it. He said that he loved me to wear red and thought I should do it more often. When it came time for his memorial service I wore that red shirt. I was certain that there would be those who wound't understand but I knew that Johnny would know I was wearing it for him. That was all that mattered to me.

I still have that red blouse and once in a while I wear it. For some reason I always feel like I am more free when I wear red. I like the way it makes me feel.