Why is this Happpening???

Miami Janet

Hi Everyone,

I just want to share something that I find very odd. My Mom passed away in November, then my daughters friends Mom passed from LC in January, In February my husbands best friends wife was diagnosed with stage 4 LC. The day after he called us my Moms aide that helped take care of her the last few months called me to say she has lung cancer. To me this seems like too much to be a coincidence?? To me this must have some meaning...message but I dont know what???What do you guys think of this???

Janet

Janet -

I don't know....It is horrific and I am so sorry you have to be "touched" by this monster from so many angles....I pray that "something" becomes clear to you -- there much be a reason that this is touching you so many ways....there is some job out there for you to do!! I pray it becomes clear.

All my love to you,

Holly

I have no pat answer but have you noticed all the famous people who are dead because of Lung Cancer with Don Knott's being the latest according to a report i heard . It make's me wonder if this Doctor who's idea i read not all that long ago said. He stated that his belief was that Lung Cancer would become more prevalient due to the fact people as a whole did not do work that physcically excerted them to where as they would be breathing hard hence less full use of Lung's....

Oh no! While I realize this is such a disturbing pattern....I am sure a Washington epidimeologist would have a statistical explanation for this my gut says YEOW! Cnacer stay the helll away from me and mine. I would prolly do new age rituals of aura purification and wash it down with a valium and a vodka.......no no no no I wouldn't really do those things but I hate cancer so much...it would be a struggle against the fears. So please stay strong dear Miami Janet. I can lend you a baseball bat to knock cancer in the nucleus.

Much love,

Eppie

I wonder if we just become more 'sensative' to news. It certainly seems like everyone around me (friend's mom, my kids' teacher's husband, etc) are affected with LC these days. Sometimes, though, people almost seek us out with the news. They think Mom has done so well, considering, and they want to talk with someone who has already walked this path.

I remember that when I was pregnant the first time, it seemed like everywhere I looked, every woman was pregnant. I'm sure it was just my sensativity to it.

I wish there wasn't so much of it, though. I hate it.

:) Kelly

I freely admit to expressing my inner demons in quite so crass a way in the previous post.

I hate the fear...the worry about the cancer around me esp. walking into the clinics and seeing so much of it more than I ever wanted too. It think this makes me a litle crazy.

I have been very happy today. I ate a wonderful dinner with kind friends and my family is well. I have a choice. I, too can see patterns. Patterns can exist on all perceptual levels....the one I have seen lately and as likewise proposed to me by my Daddy....was that people are getting better. Dad said three folks he has talked to have heard NED on scans where he gets chemo.

I have a rage issue these days. All the goodbyes we have been saying lately...I want to do more happy-NED-and-" research has found new drug for cancer" kind of dancing. WE've all cried enough even more than what defines enough. I hate that anyone has to go through this.

Much love,

EPpie

I think it just proves how prevalent lung cancer is. My dear MIL(my husband's step-mo) died of LC in 1996. Just a couple of years before that my hub's maternal grandmother died of LC. Just last year my hub's aunt(sister to the MIL above) died of LC. I got my diagnosis in 2004 and my hub's maternal aunt(daughter to grandmo above) was just diagnosed in 2005, had surgery and just finished chemo. About 4 years ago her brother(hub's mat uncle) died of LC. My maternal cousin had breast ca and then died from LC 3 yrs ago. When I had my surgery(in a rather small hosp in a rather small town in IN) there were 2 other patients with the exact same surgery as mine in there at the same time. The nurses were joking that the surgeon must have been giving a discount. Not a very funny joke to me, however, and I have a sense of humor as good as anyone's, if not better. Anyways, I think it is only a matter of time before it hits someone you know. And, yes, unfortunately, all of the above were either heavy smokers, "light smokers" and ex-smokers & a non-smoker. Ages range from 51(me) to 70 something. And there we have pretty much the "statistics" we all read and hear about. I do wonder sometimes why the tobacco companies aren't funding the research for a cure or are they? Just not enough? Thanks for letting me rant somemore, Patty

However and why-ever cancer happens....it is wrong for those cells to suddenly grow and multiply rapidly in such a way that hinders human exisitence.

I hate it and want it to be gone!!!

Patty, you have suffered way more than anyone should with this cancer.

you can always rant with me or around me, honey. I get it.

Much love, Eppie

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Eppie, but there is always somebody & lots of people on this board who have suffered way more, so I consider myself lucky for right now.

I agree with you about those cancer cells, seems to me with all the tremendous wonders of medicine, somebody should've came up with a sure cure by now. Patty