Just curious

Roger C

Does anyone keep stats here? I have read a lot of post and I was curious as to who has survived the longest that is active in the forums. As you can see I haven't been here that long, but glad I am. It was just a thought, but it could lift some spirits.

Also, what happened to the Ask the Experts, forum ?

Thanks

I do not know about stats here. I believe ConnieB is our Senior survivor at I believe 10.5 years. Sorry If I am wrong anyone! Ask the Experts forum ran into some problems last year of a personal nature in Texas at Baylor University and has not been able to help us out. I think that is the story I remember. Correct me if wrong anyone. Welcome aboard and keep asking away!

Let me encourage you to go to the SURVIVORS FORUM and look under the Tread, (CALLING ALL SURVIVORS)

You'll be able to get a good idea on how long most of us have been a lung cancer survivor.

I will be coming up on 11 years. I was dx.d with a mass in my left lung on April 26, 1995 they didn't comfirm it was lung cancer until July 22, 1995. I then had my lung surgery on July 25, 1995 and you can look at my profile below for the rest. :wink:

Holler if you have any questions or if I can be of any help to you.

Thank you so much for the replies. Thanks to ConnieB for pointing me in the right direction in the forums. I would also like to congratulate ConnieB & Antoinette for their spirit, determination and will for survival. You are great examples. God Bless

I ran across a post by him. His name is David Piercy. He had a pneumectomy in 1977. I was amazed by his story because he he said that had no chemo nor radiation. He said that he also had his surgery before the days of CT scan and PET scan machines. Last I heard he is still doing well and enjoying racing.