Date for NYC walk

bunny

well I have been a little slow on the uptake but have settled on November 11 for a NYC lung cancer walk, to benefit Lungevity and the LCSC. I will file for the permit for Central Park this week. since it's veterans day, I'd love to find a "grand marshall" for the walk who is a vet and an LC survivor, so if anyone knows someone who fits the bill let me know...

yay!!! who's on my New York City team, then!!?!?

xoxo

bunny

Just last night my sister in NY was asking when this was going to happen. I told her I thought Nov. I am definately going to try to make it. Hope it is not too cold then, we FL people have a problem with that. I think Frank Lamb would be the perfect candidate, Vietnam Vet and survivor. Will be excited to hear details. Thanks for doing this.

Karen H

Bunny--

I know that Rich and Geri have had a lot of paperwork and red tape involved in getting the permit for their walk. They had to submit a request to a committee that has to approve the use -- so you may want to get started on getting your date approved-- hopefully the vets don't have something planned that day.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mohL324

Hi, I am new to all this...I'm 19 and I haven't had any individual experience with lung cancer, although both my grandfathers died from it. I live on Long Island and I would be more than happy and more than willing to participate in a lung cancer walk in NYC. I'm becoming a strong advocate for lung cancer research/support and I think more walks like this need to be present throughout the country. Great idea . :D