Share Your Dinner Ideas.......

Ann

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.....Share your Easter dinner menus. I desperately want to cook some different dishes but my brain seems to be temporarily out of order. I will share one new dish I'm preparing that sounds yummy. It's called Pineapple Casserole.

Pineapple casserole

1 cup sugar

6 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 cups grated sharp cheddar **grate your own

2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved

1 cup cracker crumbs --I use saltine, but ritz works too

1/2 cup melted butter Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease a medium-size casserole dish. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown

Well, Ann, I don't think you will need a recipe for what we are having for dinner...................burgers on the grill :roll: ! Yep, we are! Daughter and son-in-law and kids are in MI helping to rebuild houses. Son and daughter-in-law are going to the Poconos to be with her family. Last daughter just moved back to FL, so she is too far away. I COULD mention Fred's secret ingredient..........Jim Beam steak sauce :wink: !! Guess I am not much help, huh?

Love,

Kasey

I will be going to my son's beach house in Harvey Cedars NJ. The fun will be with the family, not with the food. They are cooking impaired.

I remember 2 years ago that my DIL cooked a big ham. Easy as can be. Pour 1 glass water on ham, bake for 1 hour, pour another glass of water on ham, bake some more. She claimed it made it moist, never used the word flavorful. I only thought it was wet.

My soon-to-be DIL loves my chicken 'n dumplins. Now for those of you who are NOT from the south, that would translate to chicken and dumplings. I actually thought about making a big pot of these for dinner. My youngest son and oldest son have to both do earlier meals with the gals families. I always seem to do all this cooking and they are pretty filled up from a noon time meal. But...don't think I'm ready to do chicken 'n dumplins for Easter.

Traditionally my family cooks up a leg of lamb for dinner with tons of garlic. My Mom also makes this awesome rice dish that has dill and fava beans in it. Mmmm. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Sadly we won't be having that this year since we're all scattered across the country. We'll just do dinner out somewhere.

By the way I think chickin' & dumplins sounds pretty tasty too. Gosh all this talk about food, I need to grab some lunch. :D

Antoinette

My family is all getting together, all 28 of us. We having our traditional Easter favorites which are Honey glazed ham, Green bean casserole, pasta salad, mashed potatos, and pistachio fluff.

The Pistachio fluff is a whole family favorite and very easy to make. It's just 1 box of Jell-o instant pistachio pudding. 1 can of crushed pineapple, 3/4 a bag of mini marshmallows and 1 tub of cool whip.

You mix the pudding powder with the pineapple and juice. then you just fold in the cool whip and enough marshmallows to make the mixture firm and not soupy.

You can eat it right away, but we all love it when its made the night before because the marshmallows puff up and get all light and airy. MMMM just melts in your mouth.