Getting to Know You - April 25

Ann

When I was a kid and lived in Boston we used to take the bus over to (City Point/Castle Island) and go swimming. We did not have much back then, different times but one did not need much to still have fun with the family.

When my daughter was young we would get a place for a week or two in NH every summer. To this day I can still remember my daughter saying daddy play this game/that game and win me something or lets try this ride again as I stumble off of a ride. Must be Murphy's law--hit a certain age and somehow the rides get harder.

I found doing the simple things with family to be the most fun.

We've had several great family vacations and all the favorite ones were in various beach towns in South Carolina. The memories don't involve doing grand things, just watching the kids enjoy the ocean and play on the beach. They get so excited. We have lots of sand castle pictures.

:D Some years ago when my daughter and son-in-law were stationed in HI (airforce) we were able to go visit for 10 days. Since we had a free place to stay, it felt like we were living there. We made this trip on three separate occasions and I will never forget it.

Timothy Patrick: 9/15/38-12/19/04 Together for 45 years

I have two. The first was when my Mom, my sister Cindy, and I went to Wyoming and Montana with our neighbor and her daughter for 3 weeks when I was 13. We went horseback riding, and whitewater rafting down the Snake River! The next and most resent was when Mom, Cindy, my other sister Tami, and I went to Gatlinburg, TN. It was 4 months before mom passed away and I will cherish those memories the most. I got to sleep with her(there were two double beds) and I was so happy to snuggle up next to my mom like when I was a little girl. We all would lay there and talk and giggle for a couple of hours before we fell asleep. It was the last time everything seemed right in the world. At that time they thought they had it all, (the cancer), but they didn't. I can still see mom laughing as she saw Cindy and me come running down the hill in a downpour sopping wet from head to toe! You see, Cindy's white shirt became very see thru when it go wet! :lol: Mom laughed till she had tears in her eyes.

While recovering in hospital from lobectomy, I got incredible urge to get an RV. So when I finished up treatments, hubby bought small class C RV and two new bicycles.

That May we took RV to "Jellystone" to see old "fit-ful". We used to do a lot of backpacking in yellowstone when we were in college, and it just felt so great to be back...like visiting an old friend.

Everything was so beautiful. I took pictures of the buffalo and elk, we walked around the geyser basins, we took our bicyles over fishing bridge to yellowstone lake, we even hiked down to the brink of lower falls---hard part was coming back up. :lol:

One afternoon, we parked on a pass next to a snowbank for lunch, and I got out and danced barefoot in the snow. I was just so happy to be back. We've been to yellowstone every year since, but that first visit back was my best vacation ever. Barb