Update on my FIL and need help for a friend!

Darci

Hi everyone, sorry I have been absent for so long. I do pop in every once in a while to see how everyone is doing, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

First, the good news. My father in law seems to be doing very well - he is golfing and mowing his grass. The two things he told me he was most worried about not being able to do - he just turned 82 yesterday. His last CAT scan was clear - so far so good! He does seem to get out of breath quite easily, but the doctor has talked about doing therapy to help increase his stamina.

I do have a question for a friend - her mother in law came down with LC, and they did surgery to remove the tumor, quite a few months ago. I don't have more details, but I am hoping she will email me with more info. Anyway, most recent chest xray showed a new spot on one of the lungs - her father in law told them that they are going to re-xray in 6 months. That seems like too long - they know she has a history of LC - any thoughts on why they would wait so long?

Sorry for the sketchy info - but I think that they should get a second opinion.

Hi Darci. So very glad to hear that your FIL is doing so well. It sounds like he's feeling really good. Great news to hear.

From what I have learned from this forum, I would think six months would be a long time to wait for a second x-ray to check for growth. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to give you a better answer.