just a question

RAY A

On aug 18th I finished 14 whole head rad. I really didnt have any problems untill last week I felt like a train hit me I was in bed for three days. during the last week or so I had to go through root cannal and Pink eye. I was wondering is it unusual to get side effects a week or two after treatment? I see my radioligist tomorrow for foollow up and get an MRI in two weeks to see results of the treatment. the good news is I supposed to start my chemo again friday for the adrenal glands.

P.S. its great seeing all the good news. Everytime I read good news about being cancer free or clean scans or NED. it gives me hope but all the good news are from my brothers and sister with SCLC. not many from NSCLC. everything I read says SCLC takes to Chemo better than NSCLC. and from what I read on our board this seems to be true. I hope to see many many more SCLC AND NSCLC NED'S

Ray,

My buddy had whole head radiation and now is in the empty head club.

He had a lot of radiation and it really took it's toll on him. Each time he had radiation rounds, we would be glad when they were over. It takes about 3 weeks to start to feel okay again. Chemo didn't bother him much nor is it now except for low blood counts.

Hang in there, it will get better...

Hey Ray,

Good to hear from ya, :) , I gotta say thats one hell of a good looken HEAD, man !!!! Sorry to hear you were'nt feeling well but with a pic like that I know your on the rebound. Can't help with any or your questions, as I'm still IIB and counting my blessing but I kinda watch your posts cause we were both stage IIB and both Jersey boys.

Again good to hear from ya, and Yea you'll beat this!! :D:D

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Ray,

Boy did yo have a nice week! Well atleast it hit you all at once while you took a few days off to take care of yourself! THis may not help you cause my radiation was in the chest, but I didn't start getting sick until a week after radiation....then I vomited everything I ate and I got really bad pains in my chest and back when I swallowed. I think Norme said her Buddy got esophagitis everytime he got radiation regardless the port of entry. The esohphagitis has improved about 80% now- three weeks later. Of course I got chemo too, and that added to the nausea and vomiting. I hope you feel better and pray for clear scans.

Hey, Bob was right about your head.... You do have a nicely shaped head!!!!

Cheryl

Ray

I finish head radiation tomorrow. It wasn't too bad except for the last coupke of days. The nausea and vomiting were terrible and I got real dehrdrated. I am pretty tired also. The other thing that bothers me is that I feel like I'm in cocoon. I feel kind of blunted. They say that will go away on a couple of weeks. So hang in there.