Getting to Know You - August 17

Ann

I absolutely love animals! I have always had animals. As of now, I have 2 cats, 1 dog and 2 betta fish.

My cats were both strays that found me. Huckleberry we have had now for 12 years and Cyclops (the one eyed cat) we have had for 4 years. I love them both with all my heart. They are great pals.

I had a mixed stray husky dog, Arby, when my dad was sick. I loved that dog with all my heart. He was such a comfort to me. He was only about 5 years old but went into kidney failure about 6 months after daddy died. I was so sad losing such a great fury friend. I think my pal, Arby, was sent here for a purpose to get me through daddy's diagnosis and death. What a loving and caring dog he was. I miss him so much.

Now I have a goofy, but wonderful, black lab. He is not Arby but I love him. He is BIG, over 90 lbs. and just turned one in June. His name is Bosley. He sure keeps me busy. I feel like I have a baby all over again. He is wonderful for me because I need to keep busy and he sure does just that for me. I love my animals and can't picture my life without them!

Diane

I always had cats. Right now I have my Kelsey she is going on 15 years. When I first got her as a kitten they told me she had a heart murmer and wouldn't live long. Sounds like some of the diagnosis here.

Well she will be 15 in Nov. She is small and still likes to play. She is like a dog as she eats table food (along with her can food) and when you say no she listens. No matter where she is inside of outside when you call her she comes.

She loves Joel and he is not really a pet person, but he loves her. She follows him everywhere. And I am the one who feeds her.... go figure :roll:

Maryanne :wink: