How Long To Wait?

Linda661

I contacted my local newspaper on Monday with intro. info. and to ask if they will run some articles during LC awareness month -- I haven't heard anything back yet. This wasn't a letter to the editor submission; this was contacting the newspaper directly on their website, giving them some LC background information, and giving them my contact info.

How long do I reasonably give them to respond before I contact them again? (what can I say, I'm new to this sort of thing).

Linda

Me too, Linda! I spent MUCH time selecting all the info and I cut and pasted and copied and added and deleted and came up with (what I thought anyway was) an excellent case presented. I sent off, as you, to the editors of the 3 papers and 2 television stations on Monday, I haven't heard a thing. I should mention that I had already sent a plea for coverage to one of the editors at the very beginning of October after they ran a front page (of the Living section) story of an ovarian cancer survivor.

I also am ready to attack the donation boxes, but seems folks want to SEE what I am talking about......so haven't made any headway there yet either.

This is a most frustrating situation. I can oly think that this is how it started so many years ago with the media blitz for breast cancer. I suppose we can call ourselves pioneers.

Good luck.

Kasey