Good hair day!!!????!!

I haven't had a hair cut for many months. Haven't washed my hair for several days. Haven't even combed it today, just used a hair band to keep it out of my eyes.

I just caught sight of myself in the mirror and my hair looks good in a wavy, tousled sort of way.

How did I get here?

Hospice doctor and nurse and social worker all visited Dad yesterday. They were really great!

Dad is doing very poorly. Bladder spasms have been terrible. So the catheter was removed. Now he has to eliminate on his own. He is in a diaper, but keeps trying to use the toilette, with little success. He has a toothache, but the nurse said to cancel his dentist appointment, just use the morphine.

Today is the day I take on the school about feeding my son by mouth(the one with severe cerebral palsy[he has a g-tube}). I am ashamed I let them get away with not feeding him for so long, but I could not fight on so many fronts at one time.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

So good to see your post. I have been thinking of you and wondering how things are going.

Know that you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers. As for the school? GO GET 'EM!!! :twisted:

And let us know how things go...

Will be thinking of you....

Hugs and prayers

Chris

Gwen,

So sorry,

Good luck with taking all all fronts...

I too looked in the mirror this weekend and realized my beard had gotten pretty scraggly. I think I was doing that though to make my outside kinda reflect how my inside felt.

It feels unnatural to shave, put on dress pants and a nice shirt and dress shoes and go to work...because I am so deshelvled inside.

(((((((Gwen))))))))

I am glad Hospice was helpful.

I know how you mean about putting things off regarding your children. I feel bad about it too but we are just doing the best we can with what we have.

The rubber band has been my friend... I can totally relate to 'How did I get here? It has been 5 months since my last hair appointment, and I think who cares?