Sloan Kettering

onlyone

My mom wants a second opinion on adjuvant chemo from Sloan Kettering. I told her I'd do my own research on who to use and we'll see if the same name comes up from our different sources. Any advice? Mom is emotionally fragile now and it didn't help when she had to wait 3 hours to see her pulmonologist yesterday, causing her blood pressure to go up, of course, just when it had been getting back to normal after the surgery...

Definitely check out Sloan. I don't know anyone there, I just used them to get a second opinion on my Dad's biopsy. My friend told me they're very aggressive with their treatments. Since your mom's cancer was operable, I would definitely consider chemo to increase chances of a cure.

Keep us posted. Good Luck.

We also saw 2 drs at Sloan. We weren't though really sure that surgery would be an alternative (Sloan said possibly, but wouldn't know until they got in there and they didn't seem too convinced either. So we choose to stay more local. They do seem to be pretty aggressive, with different alternatives, and a women I know said she is thankfully for them every day.

I too can look up names of who we saw. LMK

Paula