Write your Congressperson

john

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a great link. It made it very easy to take just a moment for such an important piece of communication. I spent maybe five minutes urging my congresswoman to support legislation for lung cancer research, pointing out some of the funding issues from the main page and facts article. I also gave her a link to the website. We so badly need support for research funding. Even though my FIL lost his battle, I can't turn a blind eye to this issue. Is it possible secondhand smoke inhalation will affect my MIL or my husband in a similar way? Is it possible someone I know who doesn't even smoke may have to deal with lung cancer? YES, unfortunately, both are possibe. So let's clear up some of the misconceptions, misunderstandings, and mysteries around this monster. (Okay, I know I am now preaching to the choir!)

Anyway, thanks for the idea and link, John! I hope more folks rattle the hearts and minds of the U.S. Congress along with us!

Karen M.