Update on my mom - good news.

Littlegirl

I was just reading a post from flowergirlie where she mentioned she only posted to complain or when she had bad news and decided since things have been going well for mom that I need to share the good news with everyone too. I remember searching these boards when mom was initially diagnosed for some encouraging words so hopefully my mom's story will give some others hope.

Mom visited her oncologist at the end of November and instead of doing the usual X-ray he requested a CT scan. He said the radiation has left some scarring in the lungs and makes it a bit harder to read an x-ray. (Of course this still made me nervous as I wondered if he wanted a closer look for another reason.) Well, the report came back with good news and the doctor said the tumor has shrunk even more. The docs say they think this is a 'dead' tumor and since it keeps shrinking instead of growing it looks like they are right.

Mom is turning 79 this week so me and my 3 sisters took her out this past weekend for a little get-away. My dad ended up in the hospital and we had a snow/ice storm here but we ended up celebrating mom's birthday anyway by checking into the local Embassy Suites for the weekend. (We did stop by the hospital daily but my brothers were there to keep him company.) Had a very nice time celebrating mom's birthday!

Karen