update on Mom

masspa

Hi,

I Haven't been on the site as much recently - work has been busy, and I'm spending a lot of time helping Mom out.

She just finished her 2nd cycle of Carbo/etoposide, and has completed 9 of 30 scheduled radiation treatments.

SHe's lost her hair which she doesn't like, but she's gotten some cute hats (shopping for cute hats has always make her happy) and a stunning wig. SHe says it looks like she's always wanted her hair to look - all her friends at her retirement community love it and want one for themselves!! So, although she doesn't like the thought of being bald, she's dealing with it with her typical positive style.

As for the treatments - since she was quite fatigued after her first cycle of chemo, her oncologist recommended taking steroids for a couple days following treatment.- she's been doing GREAT!!!

No fatigue, no nausea, no problems at all. I'm so happy for her and proud of how she's handling all this.

It has been wonderful to go with her to her treatments - the folks at Dana Farber are wonderful, kind, and efficient.

I know things may get more difficult for her, but for now I'm so glad she's doing so well.

Thanks to all for your support

Jen