FLU / PNEUMONIA SHOT

luvmydog2

As the winter season is approaching us quickly, I am debateing whether or not to get my shot. I have not taken flu shot in over 25 years and never had a pneumonia shot that I know of. I always heard too many people say they got the shot and then got the flu. With only one lung I am wondering. Any thoughts on this. Does everyone else take the shot?

Thanks for your input. Am praying for us all daily.

Hello;

I get the shots, been getting the flu shot for the last 8 years and have had no problems. I made the appointment yesterday, I go in next Tues for it. I was given the pneumonia shot 2 years ago, mine is suppose to be good for 5 years. But, I'll double check with the doc. :):) I was told not only to get it but get it early, both the flu and pneumonia are respiratory illnesses and with 1-lung why take chances.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

The pneumonia vaccine is good for about 5 years. I get a flu shot every year, but this year will hold off until after chemo is through. I have only one lung now, too, so I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it healthy. For me that includes a flu shot.

Fay A.

I'm also a one-lunger. I have been getting the flu shots for two years now and I also received the pneumonia shot. Getting pneumonia with only one lung could be deadly--I would definately get the pneumonia shot as it is good for years and I would also recommend the flu shot. I never had one until I started this cancer crap but now I'm faithful. I never had any ill effects except for a sore arm for a couple of days. I'll bet your PCP will encourage you to go for it and I do too!