in need of help

Guest kate218

Guest kate218

o.k. people. I am in a bad place here. The topotecan stopped working and dad is now on taxol. Dr's say you never know which chemo is going to have the best affect on the cells. I am a basket case right now. I can't stop crying and feeling like I'm running out of time. Yet, I don't think that it is over yet. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I feel we are running out of options and drugs. Dad is a little disappointed, but he says he never thinks about dieing. Anyone have a crystal ball? I do better when I know what is going to happen. Not good with suspense.

I need words and I need prayers.

Does anyone know where I can get a medal blessed by Mother Theresa? We had one, but had to give it back, the woman's sister needed it. It worked miracles for my dad.

Thanks,

Kate

hi Kate, I know uncertainty makes one nervous and scared, seems nothing we can do during that period, this is the most unbearable moment that I experienced. No matter what, try to get more opinions from other oncologists, but I know, it is always a big headache to oncologists while recurrence, as far as I know whether the chemo regimen works dependent on many factors such as the interval time between NED and recurrence, how long the remission time is affecting the response to the chemo. the longer the remission time the better the second chemo response.

be bold. You are in my prayer.

Kate, i just called a religous store by me and talked with a gentleman and he said that it would be unusual for Mother Teresa to have metals that she blessed for nuns don't normally have the right to bless metals. But, whatever, he did say that there will be some items coming out sometime this month of Mth T so check a religous store later this month and then have it bless and hopefully it will work for your father...hope this helps.

Hey Kate-

I have relatives in France (my mom's French). I have an aunt who had a medalion blessed for my mom at this small church in Paris where they claim the virgin Mary appeared and that miracles have happened there. I called my mom today to see if she can have my aunt have one blessed for you. My uncle is coming to the states in November, so I'll let you know if he was able to get the medallion from my aunt. It's not Mother Teresa, but I'm hoping, that if I can get you this medallion, it would bring you comfort.

Guest kate218

Thank you so much for all of your concern and for going out of your way for me. My Dad is a man of faith, so I know the medal from France would be a help. Let me know what costs you incure. I will pay for it to be shipped here. You can give me your Uncle's address in France and I will send him the money.

It is times like these that I know there is soooo much good out there. :P

Mother Theresa had come through JFK a few times and someone I know went there to see her. Twice that person had been given a medal, once by Mother Theresa herself and she said she blessed it. You can get a medal that has been touched to her tomb (already have that one).

Thanks so much.

God Bless you all and I will say a prayer for you tonight.

Kate

• 3 weeks later...